WHAT IS MSYP ?
Founded in 2014, the Mostar Summer Youth Program (MSYP) is a free summer educational program that provides youth aged 14-19 from Mostar and the surrounding area with opportunities to improve their self-confidence and key skills. The program empowers participants in their educational, social and professional ambitions, by connecting them with organizations and businesses working in and around Mostar. MSYP aspires to be a hub for youth leadership, volunteerism and entrepreneurship.
In 2020, MSYP was shortlisted for the Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) Okayama Award, which recognizes outstanding ESD practices in local communities around the world.
What our participants say
- “I like the freedom I had in classes compared to my formal education.”
- “I now feel really confident when talking to new people – not just in English.”
- “I met a lot of people from different countries… it changed my views.”
What our volunteers say
- “This was a valuable experience working with people from different backgrounds. It has reinforced my ambition to work in post-conflict societies and focus on supporting youth to develop their potential.”
- “Working at MSYP was a phenomenal experience. I hope to be of help in the future as well. I gained valuable experience, made lots of friends and became better acquainted with Mostar.”