WHAT IS MSYP ?
Founded in 2014, the Mostar Summer Youth Program (MSYP) is a free summer educational programme that provides youth aged 14-19 from Mostar and the surrounding area with opportunities to improve their self-confidence and key skills. The programme empowers participants in their educational, social and professional ambitions, by connecting them with organisations and businesses working in and around Mostar. MSYP aspires to be a hub for youth leadership, volunteerism, and entrepreneurship.
What Our Participants Say
- ‘I like the freedom I had in classes compared to my formal education.’
- ‘I now feel really confident when talking to new people – not just in English.’
- ‘I met a lot of people from different countries… it changed my views.’
- ‘I loved that we could express our opinions.’
‘I always look for programs concerned with self-improvement and I found MSYP to be one of the best.’
What Our Teachers Say
- ‘For our students, this was a fantastic and unique chance to learn a lot and have fun at the same time.’
- ‘The students also had a chance to see good sides of volunteering and community service.’
- ‘This was a valuable experience working with people from different backgrounds. It was great working with youth in another social context. It has reinforced my ambition to work in post-conflict societies and focus on supporting youth to develop their potential’
- ‘Working at MSYP was a phenomenal experience. I hope to be of help in the future as well. I gained valuable experience, made lots of friends and became better acquainted with Mostar. Thank you for making this happen for all of us!’
- ‘The history of this beautiful but still divided city, all our classes and evening events… made me realize what is really important in life.’