Mostar Summer Youth Program 2018
MSYP 2018 will run from Monday 25th June - Saturday 14th July 2018. Participant applications are open until Friday 15 June 2018!
Teachers and Content for MSYP 2018
We are still finalising the content for the MSYP 2018 program. But we already have a growing list of teachers, courses, activities, workshops and events to get you excited!
Subject areas we'll be covering at MSYP this year include:
- Art and design
- Literature and media studies
- Business development and management
- Academic writing
- Logic and problem solving
- Global politics
- International relations
- Sustainability and environmental awareness
- Urban planning
MSYP 2018's extra-curricular afternoon program will include:
- Day trips to Sarajevo and a nearby lake
- A youth theatre performance
- A business challenge day
- A visual arts workshop and street art tour
- Workshops on: EU integration, multicultural understanding, social activism, human rights, sustainability, non-violent communication, writing and public speaking skills
- Opportunities to volunteer with local initiatives
Information About the 2018 Programme
MSYP 2018 will run from Monday 25 June to Saturday 14 July 2018
Classes will be held between 09:00 and 12:00, with extra-curricular activities taking place after 12:00
United World College in Mostar
Spanski trg 1,
WHO IS IT FOR?
Anyone aged between 15 and 19 (high school grades 1-4) is eligible to participate in the program. We will prioritise applications from young people attending a school or other educational institution situated in or close to Mostar but will consider other applications on a case-by-case basis. Applicants should be able to attend for the duration of the program (3 weeks).
A note for international applicants: we are only able to accept applications from a handful of international students each year, and will only be able to process your application if you are aged 18+ and either fluent in BCS language or have found accommodation locally with an adult who is fluent in BCS language and will be responsible for you in case of an emergency.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEVEL
The program will include courses which allow for a wide range of English speaking ability, but as it is an English language program, we encourage that you only apply if you feel comfortable taking academic classes in which you are expected to speak and work in English the majority of the time.
None! It is free of charge to participate, but you must be able to cover the costs of your daily travel to and from the United World College in Mostar. Accommodation is not provided and we are unable to cover any additional expenses incurred.
- Workshops and taught courses: covering a wide range of subject
- Social opportunities: games, sports, film, poetry and art workshops
- Local partners: talks/workshops on social, volunteering and career development opportunities in and around Mostar
- Day trips: educational visits to places around and beyond Mostar
- Volunteering opportunities in the Mostar community
- Closing ceremony and party: certificate presentation and celebration of achievements
Ponedeljak- 25.06.- subota 14.07. 2018
Nastava će se održavati između 09:00 i 12:00 sati, a vannastavne aktivnosti održavaju se u popodnevnim satima.
MSYP nema vjersku ni političku afilijaciju.
Prostorije United World College-a u Mostaru (Zgrada gimnazije)
Španski Trg 1,
KOME JE NAMIJENJENO?
Svi mladi između 15 i 19 godina (od prvog do četvrtog razreda ) mogu se prijaviti za sudjelovanjeu našem programu.
Program je prilagođen različitim stupnjevima poznavanja engleskog jezika.
Ništa! Sudjelovanje u našem programu je besplatno! Međutim, ako dolazite izvan Mostara, sami snosite troškove puta i stanovanja.
Radionice i nastava/kursevi: podučavamo širok raspon tema
Društvene aktivnosti: igre, sport, film, slam poezija, umjetničke radionice...
Lokalni partneri: razgovori i radionice o volonterskim, društvenim i profesionalnim mogućnostima u Mostaru
Dnevni izleti: edukacijsko-rekreativni izleti na području Mostara i Hercegovine
Prilika za volontiranje u zajednici grada Mostara
Završna svečanost : predaja certifikata i slavlje